One of the most useful tools I have found in my clinical practice are phone apps. Given that much of what we carry around with us is now portable and accessible on our phone, it makes sense to also carry around some great coping tools on our mobile phone. It’s right there whenever you need it.
What’s Up? is a fantastic free app utilising some of the best CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) methods to help you cope with Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Stress and more! Not only does it provide sound information, there are very practical coping strategies like self-monitoring and forums to connect with others.
Key Features include:
*12 common negative thinking patterns and simple methods to overcome them
• 10 great metaphors to help you cope with negative feelings
• A comprehensive diary to keep your thoughts and feelings together in, including the ability to rate feelings on a scale out of 10
• A positive and negative habit tracker. Set goals to practice those good habits while ending the bad ones!
• A catastrophe scale. Put your problems into a better perspective when things are too much
• A grounding game containing over 100 fun questions to help keep you grounded and in the present when stress is taking over
• 3 simple breathing techniques for keeping calm and relaxed
• Forums! Talk with people that may be feeling just like you from all around the planet, without worrying about the like/dislike system
• More than 70 positive quotes, with the ability to add your own and share them with the world!